John is a Co-founder and Chairman of LeaderShape Ltd.
“My purpose in my professional capacity is to help leaders develop leadership excellence.”
He is an experienced Coach, Mentor and Facilitator of individuals (especially Chairs, CEOs and Senior Managers), teams and peer groups.
Accreditations and Expertise
John has a Senior Executive Coaching Award from The Oxford School of Coaching & Mentoring, lectures at the University of Oxford on leadership development and was Honorary Lecturer at the University of Chester in the field of Work Based Learning. He has recognized expertise in leadership development, people management, culture change, corporate strategy, organizational development, acquisitions and joint ventures, business finance, and marketing and sales. In particular, John is an expert in Emotional Intelligence, and a thought leader in Spiritual/Transpersonal Leadership and the relationship between neuroscience and leadership. John’s innovations in this field include:
- The “REAL Transpersonal Leadership” programme (Radical Ethical Authentic Leadership).
- 8ICOL (8 Integral Competencies of Leadership) defining a complete matrix of rational, emotional and spiritual parameters for leadership excellence.
- LEIPA (the most comprehensive 360° Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Assessment Programme on the market).
- With colleagues, developed a Post Grad Cert programme “Organisational Coach-mentoring & Facilitation” accredited by the University of Chester.
- He recently published The Invisible Elephant and the Pyramid Treasure - a Transpersonal journey, together with Tomorrow's Company, sponsored by Tata Consultancy Services, Korn/ Ferry Whitehead Mann and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
He works with major corporations, the NHS, regional and local government, higher education and SMEs.
John's business experience encompasses a broad range of senior management responsibilities in international corporate environments in the U.S.A., Europe, U.K. and Asia. Senior corporate positions include:
- Corporate VP Combustion Engineering – US based (a Fortune 100 corporation, now ABB).
- Main Board Director, Mitchell Cotts Ltd. – UK based (a FTSE 100 company).
- Worldwide Sales Manager, Alfa Laval – Sweden based (now Tetra Laval).
John lived in Sweden, The Netherlands, Singapore and the USA over a period of 14 years and has been involved in business in more than 50 countries. Over the last 25 years he has also founded a number of companies primarily in the areas of environmental technology and IT.
In addition to his role at LeaderShape he is the founding shareholder of a market leader in the environmental technology sector. Over a number of years he has been Chair or Director of several public-private partnerships in Oxfordshire and is currently a director of Oxfordshire Business First and Oxfordshire International Business Club.
He received his honours degree from Loughborough University in Chemical Engineering and completed the Advanced Management Programme at Columbia University (NY) whilst a VP of Combustion Engineering. He is a fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce,) a Freeman of the City of London and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Water Conservators.